Uenuku Charitable Trust – Annual General Meeting
Sunday, 17 March 2019, 1pm
Uenuku offices, 28 Queen St, Raetihi
- Mihi whakatau/karakia
- Minutes of previous AGM
- Receive and consider Chair’s Annual Report
- Receive, consider and adopt the audited Financial Statements
- Members of Ngāti Hinetaro hapū are invited to consider a resolution to support the mandate of UCT and be included in the Te Korowai o Wainuiārua settlement.
- Vote on the resolution: That Ngāti Hinetaro mandates the Uenuku Charitable Trust to represent and settle the historical Treaty of Waitangi claims of Ngāti Hinetaro in negotiations with the Crown, and to present a deed of settlement and post settlement governance entity for ratification by Te Korowai o Wainuiārua members (including Ngāti Hinetaro).
- Vote on Trust Deed amendment resolution:
That the proposed amendments to the Trust Deed, as notified, are for the collective benefit of all members of Uenuku and are agreed to by the adult registered members of Uenuku.
The clause to be amended currently reads:
2.0 The Board shall consist of not more than (38) nor fewer than (10) members whose numbers shall at all times equally represent the constituent hapū and iwi members as set out in clause 2.2 selected from within Uenuku.
The 1st proposed amendment is as follows:
2.0 The Board shall consist of not more than (38) nor fewer than (10) members whose numbers shall at all times equally represent the constituent hapū and iwi members as set out in clause 2.2 selected from within Uenuku, Tamakana and or Tamahaki.
The 2nd proposed amendment is to add the following:
2.0.1 That registered members of Uenuku, Tamakana or Tamahaki descent are eligible for nomination to the Board after a registration period of 12 months provided that the clause 2.3 mandate process has been followed.
The 3rd proposed amendment is as follows:
2.1 In this Deed “constituent hapū” means a separate or distinct hapū or grouping of people who are affiliated to Uenuku, Tamakana and or Tamahaki by common Tūpuna, whakapapa and manawhenua who have accepted invitation to participate in the objectives of the Trust.
- Appoint replacement Board members for those whose term of office has expired.
- General business
- Karakia whakamutunga
Treaty Settlement Update: A comprehensive update on the Te Korowai o Wainuiārua Treaty settlement negotiations will follow at 3pm.
Aiden Gilbert, Uenuku chair: email@example.com