Read the latest situation updates from the Ruapehu Emergency Operations Centre at
Ruapehu EOC Situation Report
All of NZ is now at Alert Level 4
The focus is on stopping the spread of COVID-19 and eliminating the virus.
Stay at home, other than for essential personal movement.
Stay in your bubble.
People should keep 2 metres apart outside home (apart from with people within their extended bubble). This requirement does not apply to emergency and frontline public services (e.g. healthcare).
If you are in need of welfare support please call Council on 07 895 8188 or 06 385 8364
- Civil Defence Group Welfare: 0800 725 678 between 7am – 7pm
- For the latest updates, more information and advice including on what ‘staying at home’ means visit COVID19.govt.nz
Ruapehu Civil Defence response
- Waikato District Health Board (DHB) leading the COVID-19 response in the north
- Whanganui Health Board leading the response in the south.
- Supporting DHB response activities
- Supporting the on-going delivery of essential services to maintain public health, safety, security and the necessities of life
- Community welfare and supporting the vulnerable people in our community
More information on Alert Level 3 is available at the Government Unite Against Covid-19 website https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-system/alert-level-3/#staying-safe-and-well